Chronic joint pain has many potential causes. Most causes of chronic joint pain can be treated without surgery. Even if you have tried other treatments and they didn’t help, RegenaJoint could be the solution standing between you and joint replacement surgery.
What Is RegenaJoint?
This innovative treatment is based on the continuing and surprising research coming out about stem cells. Stem cells are being used in new ways to treat a number of different conditions. Doctors and scientists now have new ways of extracting stem cells, including from the patient’s own body to eliminate rejection concerns.
The stem cells are combined with platelet rich plasma (PRP) and growth factors to create the RegenaJoint. This is injected into the affected joint.
Steps in RegenaJoint Treatment
There are several steps that need to be taken before, during, and after your RegenaJoint procedure, starting with a complete examination and medical history. We may also want to get x-rays and other imaging so that we can get a clear picture of what is causing your joint pain.
After we determine that RegenaJoint is right for you, we will take the following steps:
- Hyaluronic acid, the same ingredient used in cosmetic dermal fillers like Juvederm, is injected into the joint to provide a scaffolding for the stem cells.
- Blood and stem cells are extracted from the patient.
- Blood is processed into PRP and combined with stem cells and growth factors.
- The RegenaJoint is injected.
- A later PRP injection is administered to serve as a booster for future healing.
While not everyone responds to RegenaJoint, many people can avoid joint replacement surgery by attempting this treatment. If you are interested in seeing if you are a good candidate, contact us today for an appointment.